Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.smart-agent.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and store the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that You provided to Us when applying through our website, in emails or over the phone.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that You send to Us through our website, email, in writing, using Live Chat or over the phone.
- Information that You provide to Us for the purpose of subscribing to our marketing communications.
- Information that You provide to Us when using any services we provide, or that is generated during the use of those services.
- Information that You provide as part of electronically signing agreements with Us.
- Information related to the security and access of our systems and applications.
- Information to help Us comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including reporting to and being audited by regulators and external auditors.
- Any other personal information that may be sent to Us and which we use for legitimate business purposes.
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with You. If You choose not to give Us this personal information, it may delay or prevent Us from meeting our obligations.
Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to You, or to collect payments from You.
- Send You marketing communications.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints.
- Use tracing services to obtain onward contact details and collect any unpaid debts for any default by You.
- Ensure appropriate access to systems and applications.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When someone visits www.smart-agent.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Who we share your data with
- To third parties’ who process personal data on their own behalf but provide Us, or You, with a service on behalf of Us.
- To third parties’ with whom information is shared for anti-money laundering checks, credit risk reduction, debt collection and other fraud and crime prevention purposes.
- To any regulator, external auditor or applicable body or court where we are required to do so by law or regulation or as part of any investigation.
- To any central or local government department and other statutory or public bodies, such as HMRC.
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud or reducing credit risk);
We do not sell, rent or trade any of your personal data.
We will not, without your consent, disclose or supply your personal data to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Retaining Personal Data
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data (whether or not You become a customer):
- Retention in case of queries – we will retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries (e.g. if your potential transaction is unsuccessful);
- Retention in case of claims – we will retain your personal data for as long as You might legally bring claims against Us; and
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements – we will retain your personal data after your contract or service with Us has come to an end based on legal and regulatory requirements.
What rights you have over your data
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances):
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law: www.ico.org.uk
For more details on all the above You can contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details in Section 22.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Where SMART AGENT acts as the controller of personal data, it will ensure that necessary and adequate safeguards (e.g. encryption) are in place to prevent unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Where data is stored electronically we store all personal information on secure servers with relevant access and firewall controls.
Where data is stored on paper or forms all personal data is locked away when not in use, and disposed of securely after use either using document shredders or third-party disposal organisations who have been contracted to dispose of documents appropriately.
Any personal data sent to Us, either in writing or email, may be insecure in transit and we cannot guarantee its delivery.
Where You use a Password to access any service provided by SMART AGENT this must be kept confidential and not disclosed to anyone else. SMART AGENT does not ask You for your password.
Withdrawal of Consent (“Opt-out”)
You have the right, at any time, to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and any additional services that You have consented to receive.
You can opt-out of receiving any of these services and communications simply by clicking the unsubscribe link on any emails You receive, or contacting your branch or head office.
Please note it can take up to 28 days for a request to be fulfilled for general SMART AGENT communications because of pre-planned or ongoing activity.
The copyright in this website belongs to SMART AGENT. You may not make a permanent copy of or reproduce this web site in any form. You may not reproduce or incorporate this web site into any other web site. You may only print, display or download temporary copies of the content to your computer for your own personal non-commercial use.
SMART AGENT takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website at any time.
We welcome your views about our website. If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments please send an email to email@example.com.